Search | Memberlist | Register |  Profile | Login to check your private messages | Login 

I Capture the Castle film version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bella

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: I Capture the Castle film version Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the film version of 'I Capture the Castle'? I would like to rent it out on video, but sometimes films based on brilliant novels turn out to be disappointing. I wondered what anyone thought of it, and how closely it matches the plot of the book, and the atmosphere of the book which I thought was what made the book so good.

Bella icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message
clare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: I Capture the Castle film Reply with quote

I loved the book and wasn't disappointed by the film - I felt it was very much as I had imagined it. The casting was excellent and they stuck closely to the story.
I don't really like seeing film versions of books I love though - I don't like my own images being replaced by someone else's!

I saw the movie of the House of Sand and Fog recently - another of my favourite books. It was well done and true to the book but I thought the actor they'd chosen to play Kathy was completely wrong - too young and pretty, not someone who looked like they'd had an alcohol problem. But that's Hollywood for you!

Clare
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bookgroup.info Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: