Search | Memberlist | Register | Profile | Login to check your private messages | Login

Santuary Bookgroup (Brighton & Hove) Seeks NEW MEMBERS !
Goto page 1, 2††Next
View previous topic :: View next topic †
Martian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:03 pm† †Post subject: Santuary Bookgroup (Brighton & Hove) Seeks NEW MEMBERS ! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This is a general message to all you book lovers out there, who also love to discuss their latest read with like minded people. We are a bookgroup in the Brighton & Hove area who meet the last Monday of each month in the Sanctuary Cafe Brunwick Street East (very relaxed & friendly). We are looking for new members so if you fancy finding out some more details i.e. what we are reading this month, then feel free to drop me a line.

Martian
View users profile Send private message
Kate

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:33 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about putting a notice in the local libraries? Or perhaps The Sanctuary has a noticeboard.

Kate
Martian

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:14 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm sorry we are far too full to accept any lowbrow people !!!!

No seriously we hadn't thought of that. I go in the cafe every Tuesday before my yoghurt (yoga to normal people) sessions. Do they charge ??
librarylad

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:21 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm new to Brighton and would like to come along to your reading group at the cafe.

Could you let me know when your next meeting is and what you are reading?

Thanks,
Ben.
Kate

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:01 pm† †Post subject: Sanctuary book group Reply with quote

Hi Martin

This is a reply to your earlier message - I think the Sanctuary probably does charge a little bit for posting notices up. But I wouldn't think it would be very much. I don't expect Hove or Brighton Library would charge anything at all.

Kate
Jo Harvey

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:21 pm† †Post subject: Help with publicity Reply with quote

I'm the Reader Development Librarian for B&H City Libraries, and I'd be happy to help you publicise your new reading group in the local libraries. Either drop a poster in, or email me details, including a contact name and number of email and I'll pass details on. I can also arrange for it to be entered on our community database at www.escis.org.uk

I regularly get phone calls from people looking for groups, and whilst I usually direct them to this website if I can't find them a library based group they're interested in, it'd be great to have somewhere else to suggest. My email is

Do you also know about the srevices we can offer to local reading groups, including sets of books to borrow? I can send you an email attachment of the complete booklist, which currently includes around 50 titles if you are interested. They can be delivered to your nearest branch library for you to collect and are for long-term loan.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Loi

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:02 pm† †Post subject: Next meeting Reply with quote

Next meeting is Monday 31 May 7.30pm at the Sanctuary. We are reading Stranger on a train by Jenny Diski. Everybody welcome! /Louise
kris fernandes

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:12 pm† †Post subject: apologies for monday night Reply with quote

Can't make the group monday night - sorry - please let me know what we're reading next. I've enjoyed the Diski book but haven't finished it yet! Regards, Kris
I'm keen to join a book club in the brighton and hove area. I can only meet in the evenings, after 7.30 as I have 2 small children. I read mostly modern fiction but have enjoy the classics from time to time
Martian

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:13 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to the person with no name,

Bit like Clint Eastwood in a Fistful of Dollars. Sorry being silly ! Sori I haven't replied sooner, but had technical difficulties. We met tonite & the next meeting is on the last Monday in June at 7.30 in the Sanctuary Cafe. We are reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. Feel free to join us.

See you then.

Martin
rachael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:22 pm† †Post subject: Sanctuary book club Reply with quote

HI there
I'm new to Hove and would love to join the book club. How do I go about it and what you reading for the next meeting?
cheers
Rachael
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:25 pm† †Post subject: Sanctuary book club Reply with quote

Hello there

I have only just found this site - are you still looking for new people to come, as I would be interested in joining?

Nicola
Poppy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:41 pm† †Post subject: Meeting at the Sanctuary Reply with quote

Where at the Sanctuary Cafe do you meet (upstairs, the ground floor or in the basement)? I might be able to come along, but not sure yet. Is it OK to come along? I have read the book (Curious Incident)

Poppy
Loi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:16 am† †Post subject: to everyone..! Reply with quote

OF course everybody's welcome! We meet by the door on the ground floor.
Unfortunately I won't be able to come tomorrow... I'm going to France. Let me know what you read next month. Emma's choice, eh?
I loved the Curious Incident.

Take care, see you in July.
/Louise
Jo Harvey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:00 pm† †Post subject: Hey Sanctuary group - fancy coming to a pub quiz? Reply with quote

Brighton & Hove City Libraries are holding a Book Group Pub Quiz.

This is a chance for your book group to pit your book-related knowledge against other book groups from across the city, and to find out what services the libraries can offer to your group.

Teams of up to 6 are invited, and there will be Book Tokens as prizes, donated by City Books, Hove, and a FREE book for every team member!

Where? Caxton Arms, North Gardens, Brighton
When? Thursday July 22nd 2004, 7.30 for 8pm start
How much? £2 per person, to be donated to a reading-related charity

To book a place for your Book Group, email or phone 01273 296932

Team places are limited - so book soon!
becky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:34 am† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it still possible to join the Sanctuary book group , and if so when do you meet . Ta
Becky
Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††bookgroup.info Forum Index -> Contact All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2††Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:†