Search | Memberlist | Register |  Profile | Login to check your private messages | Login 

Trans-Sister Radio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Trans-Sister Radio Reply with quote

Hi

I've just finished reading Midwives by Chris Bohjalian, and I found it un-putdownable. The narrative perspective of the 14-year old daughter was completely convincing, and I had to stop myself looking at the end of the book to see if the midwife in question won her court suit or not.

I would like to read some more of this author, and wondered about his book, Trans-Sister Radio. It seems to have an interesting plot.

If anyone has read Trans-Sister Radio, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.
Thanks.

Kate
View users profile Send private message
caroline

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Midwives was fantastic. Good ending too. I assumed Chris Bohjalian was a woman because of the subject.
I haven't read Trans-sister Radio but I'm not inspired by the title.
Kate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Bohjalian is actually a man, which I found difficult to remember when I was reading Midwives. It really seemed as if it was written by a woman, and I don't mean just that it was written from the perspective of a 14-year old girl - it was the whole feel of the book.

I think Trans-Sister Radio is about a new relationship (a few weeks or months old) where the man admits that he's always felt he was really a woman, and that he's booked in for a sex change operation! The main story is how his new girlfriend adjusts to this revelation. I think it sounds absolutely fascinating, and if Bohjalian deals with the subject as sensitively as he did in Midwives, it will be an excellent book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bookgroup.info Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: