Search | Memberlist | Register |  Profile | Login to check your private messages | Login 

Space in South Norfolk Group - or new group?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo Plumstead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Space in South Norfolk Group - or new group? Reply with quote

I have moved into the Wymondham area and would like to join a group or start a new one - anyone know any groups or want to join a new group?
philj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: South Norfolk group? Reply with quote

Hi Jo
I too live in South Norfolk- I've been here for about 18 months and miss my old book group. I was thinking of starting something myself. I live in Great Moulton, just off the A140. Have you got anything arranged yet or are you still looking? Perhaps we are the beginning of a new group?
Phil
View users profile Send private message
philj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: South Norfolk group? Reply with quote

Hi Jo
I too live in South Norfolk- I've been here for about 18 months and miss my old book group. I was thinking of starting something myself. I live in Great Moulton, just off the A140. Have you got anything arranged yet or are you still looking? Perhaps we are the beginning of a new group?
Phil
Jo Plumstead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Souh Norfolk Reply with quote

Hi,

I hadn't looked at this site since my post, but strangely was alerted to a reply to my post today from someone else living in Wymondham. I have only found a daytime group which I can't easily attend because of work committments.

Strange to see to responses on the same day. Yes, I might be interested in something. I'm ashamed to say I'm not sure where Gt Moulton is, but it can't be too far away if just off the A140.

Why don't we discuss with the other contact? What sort of thing do you like to read, and what sort of bookgroup would you prefer?. Serious, frivolous, somewhere in between?

Regards

Jo
philj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jo
My previous group read mostly what I'd call literary fiction- not really very frivolous- and sometimes strayed off into travel or biography, and very occasionally poetry. That suited me fine but I would have been ok with some genre fiction sometimes. I don't want to read really lightweight stuff all the time, but could cope with a little. I can handle a book a month as long as they're not too thick. I'm happy to discuss with the other person.

Great Moulton is just north of the road that runs from the A140 to Attleborough.
Cheers
Phil
Jo Plumstead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Meeting Reply with quote

After half term would be good. Have another person interested - parent of of a friend of my eldest

Don't remember to check this board very often Will post a proposed date & time after weekend if that's ok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bookgroup.info Forum Index -> Contact All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: