Search | Memberlist | Register |  Profile | Login to check your private messages | Login 

wanted: books to dispel post Christmas blues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caroline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard David Sedaris reading his book - Dress your family in denim and Cordury (I think) - on the radio last week and it made me laugh. I then picked up a free CD with samples of his audio books at Waterstones. Very funny. I'd recommend getting an audio book - there's something about his voice and delivery that cracks me up.
View users profile Send private message
caroline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try GOING GENTLY by David Nobbs (wrote the Reginald Perin series).
zebracat20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Time for Bed by David Baddiel Reply with quote

Time for Bed by David Baddiel is pretty light, the funniest bit is the slow motion chase scene between two old ladies and the hero and his grandmother - I cry with laughter every time...
megustaleer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Holes' by Louis Sacher is one of the most enjoyable books I read last year. When you get to the end there is a wonderful feeling of satisfaction as all the loose ends are imaginatively tied up.

You will probably need to look for it in the children's section, although it is really a 'crossover' book, like The Dog in The Nightime.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Hayward

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Heartwarming books Reply with quote

You wouldn't believe that a novel that begins with a desperate young pregnant woman about to hurl herself from a roof could be heartwarming - but it is....

THE MEMORY PALACE by Christie Dickason proceeds to take you to places and to meet people you'd never imagine, sometimes with a spice of danger, but brings you back again for a surprising and satisfying conclusion.

ENJOY!!!

Hayward
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bookgroup.info Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: